I fell head over heels for Katy Perry on the September cover of Elle. From her dress to her hair to her makeup to her wild manicure, she’s the picture of rebellious perfection. In fact, I loved her manicure so much that I decided to copy it for myself!
Here’s a how-to for recreating Katy’s Yin-Yang manicure yourself:
1. Start with 2-3 thin coats of white nail paint on the left two-thirds of each nail. (You can also paint the whole nail if you’d like, but it isn’t necessary.)
2. Use a fine-point Sharpie marker or a nail art pen to draw the Yin-Yang shape on each nail.
3. Fill in the right side of each Yin-Yang with black nail polish.
4. Use a bobby pin or a fine eyeliner brush to add a white dot to each black section and a black dot to each white section.
5. Finish with 1-2 coats of glossy topcoat to protect your manicure!