How awesome are these heeled booties? I just picked these up and cannot wait to rock them with everything from dresses to jeans. I love the olive-brown color–it’s basic and yet not at the same time. I could see these with skinny jeans, a tee, and a cozy scarf; or with scrunched-down socks and lots of layers to make a summer dress more autumn-appropriate.
|Studded Suedette Ankle Boots, $32.80, Forever 21
My Urban Decay order arrived, and I’m so happy with it! This was my first time ordering from them, and I was super-impressed with the speedy delivery–I placed my order on Sunday, and the box actually showed up on Thursday.
Can I just note that this box was stuffed to the brim with padding? Very nice. I get really irritated when I order something and it arrives poorly packed and poorly padded.
Since there are so many pictures in this post I’m going to insert a post break and let you keep reading after the jump!
I love nail polish and I love updating my polish “wardrobe” when the seasons change. Here are five hot nail colors to fall for this season, depending on your usual polish pick:
1. Blackberry wine is hot this year, and is a great update if you love vampy red polish. Zoya Nail Polish in Toni, $8, Zoya.com
2. More of a trendsetter? Emerald green is the natural successor to summer’s run of mint greens. Julep Nail Color in Hoch, $14, Julep.com
3. If you love the girliest of pinks, do something a little different–but still glam–with a gold mani. Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color in Grammy Gold, $3.49, Drugstore.com
4. Prefer a nude shade so nothing clashes? Go a little more edgy with a shade of gray–it’s still a neutral. Sonia Kashuk Nail Color in Dime A Dozen, $4.79, Target.com
5. Black is so last season. This fall, blues are almost black (but not quite) and flecked with shimmer for a totally non-goth look. Zoya Nail Polish in Ibiza, $8, Zoya.com
Woo-hoo! My first issue of InStyle magazine just arrived in the mail this week, and look who’s on the cover: Gwyneth Paltrow, actress, singer, mom-of-two and wife to Chris Martin (aka singer for one of my favorite bands ever).
Gwyn’s rocking on-trend purple in a daring design–a jumpsuit–paired with some chunky bracelets. Here’s how you can get her look for less:
1. Lacquered Square Bracelet, $7.80, Forever 21
2. Bold Colorblocked Triangle Bracelet, $12.80, Forever 21
3. Etched Pyramid Bracelet, $9.80, Forever 21
4. Pyramid Pattern Bracelet, $6.80, Forever 21
5. Break It Down Backless Purple Jumpsuit, $47, Lulu’s
I picked up this feathered fedora as my autumn go-to for hiding a bad hair day. It’s very bohemian chic and kind of reminds me of Nicole Richie (in a good way).
|Feather Trimmed Wool Fedora, $22.80, Forever 21