Happy Halloween everybody! I have a few posts for you that I’ll try to get up there today, but first let’s start with something fun and different: a blogger tag!
Klaudia from Style It With Me! tagged me for this post, which is basically a fun get-to-know-you chain. Here are the rules:
- Each blogger tagged must post 11 random facts about themselves
- They must answer the 11 questions posted by the previous blogger
- They must create 11 new questions to ask their tagged bloggers
- They must then tag 11 blogs with less than 200 followers apiece
- The bloggers must be told
- No tag backs!
Sounds fun, huh? So let‘s get started!
11 random facts about me:
- I like driving in the car and listening to music. I could just drive around town doing this and not get bored, but gas is too expensive these days!
- I like wearing makeup, I just dislike taking it all off. I guess I’m lazy!
- I collect penguin stuff at Christmas.
- I can read upside-down.
- I’d really love to travel to New Zealand, partly because I’m a Lord of the Rings nerd and would love to visit the filming locations!
- I’d like to learn to speak Latin!
- I love peppermint anything–food, candles, body lotion–so when the holidays come and everything gets a peppermint makeover, I stock up and hoard the items for the next ten months until the peppermint blitz begins anew. I’m currently finishing off last year’s peppermint marshmallows!
- Everyone thinks that it must suck to work nights and try to sleep during the day. But I’m scared of the dark and like sleeping with a light on anyway, so I secretly don’t mind! I just pretend it’s a real pain so I don’t have to admit my fear to people.
- I’m usually wearing head-to-toe-black or a bright color. I really do like wearing bright colors and prints and buy lots of them, but I’m such a lazy dresser that I gravitate toward the easily coordinated black outfits. Unfortunately, this makes my closet look rather bipolar.
- I like my cats more than most people I meet. Animals aren’t judgmental!
- I have a huge girl crush on Kate Beckinsale and her hair. Mostly her hair.
Klaudia’s questions for me:
- Are you a saver or spender? Both! I try to religiously save part of my paycheck every month. I guess I’m overly cautious about having something for a rainy day. But when I do spend money, I splurge.
- Blackberry or iPhone? Neither! I’m still using one of those basic mobiles that only calls and texts–no web access, no contacting the dead.
- Favorite magazine? Glamour.
- What’s your hobby? Reading!
- What do you usually eat for breakfast? A granola bar. I rarely have time to sit down to eat, so this is a nutritious on-the-go solution for me.
- What country would you like to visit? I already said New Zealand, but also Italy.
- What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable? Strawberries.
- Do you prefer writing in pen or pencil? Pen.
- What holiday you went on was your favorite? I haven’t been on a “real” vacation in a long time. I did love visiting the Oregon coast with my family in high school. It was a long trip to get there but it was beautiful and lovely.
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook–I’m too long–winded for 140 characters.
- Is your bedroom currently messy or tidy? Tidy–I have company, so the hubby and I cleaned the house really nicely before they arrived! I wish it looked like this all the time.
My questions for you:
- If you could spend the day with any celebrity, male or female, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
- If you could live inside the world of any book or movie for a day, which would you choose and why?
- What is your secret skill?
- If you could use just one makeup item for a month straight, which one would you choose?
- Which do you prefer: salty snacks or sweet treats?
- Do you read the book first and spoil the movie, or watch the movie first and spoil the book? And how much do you really care if the two are different?
- What’s your biggest online time-waster? (Mine is Pinterest!)
- What is your favorite holiday or special occasion, and what do you do to celebrate it?
- What no-fail recipe do you whip up to impress dinner guests?
- If you could only wear heels or flats for the rest of the year, which would you pick and why?
- If you could time-travel to any period and place in history and spend some time there, when/where would you visit?
- Little Beauty Blogg
- Paperbacks and Polish
- Three Six Five
- Smokey Blush
- Makeup Guinea Pig
- Pretty Squared
- Wildflower Child
- Blogs and Mogs
- Cute Beauty
- [Insert Witty Title Here]
Okay ladies, it’s time to get tagging! Have fun everyone!