Three lovely ladies have nominated me for the Liebster Award! If you don’t know what this is, it’s basically a nomination from someone who loves your blog to an up-and-coming blogger with less than 200 followers. I’ve been nominated by Nikki from Heaven Has Cupcakes, Amy from Small Budget Beauty, and Ainsley from Wallflowers!
As a nominated blogger, I have to:
- Reveal 11 random things about myself.
- Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger.
- Tag 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated…no tag backs!
- Write up 11 questions for my nominees!
- I have never been out of the United States.
- I still have my entire stuffed animal collection from my childhood.
- When I was little I wanted to be a singer, but I had terrible stage fright!
- I can bake bread from scratch.
- Panda bears are one of my favorite animals.
- I have not attended any weddings since I was a very small child. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
- I’m constantly chewing on my lower lip. Very bad habit, I know!
- I don’t like the color purple. I actually find it kind of depressing.
- Autumn is my favorite season.
- I have never flown on an airplane.
- I always cry during movies when an animal gets hurt.
Okay, here are my answers to Nikki’s 11 questions:
- Why did you decide to start blogging? To share my passion for affordable, cruelty-free fashion and beauty!
- Do you have a vlog channel? If not, would you ever consider vlogging? I do: https://www.youtube.com/user/writergirlm1
- What is your absolute favorite beauty product? Lip balm–I can’t feel pretty with chapped lips! I love Dr. Bronner’s Naked balm–no fragrances, no dyes, no flavors, nothing gross.
- What is your favorite store to visit when shopping for beauty products? Ulta. Drool. If they carried more shades of Zoya nail polish in-store I’d be doomed.
- What is your favorite clothing store? Probably Forever 21. I spend way too much money in there.
- Where did you grow up? The Midwest. No, I didn’t live on a dairy farm, just near lots of them!
- What has been your favorite purchase in the last month? (Not just beauty or fashion – anything!) A pair of black Brash platform pumps from Payless that go with everything!
- Where do you do most of your blogging? (Your bedroom, your dining room, a coffee house?) The office/spare room in my house.
- What’s a current beauty or fashion trend that you wish would go away? I hate long, pointy nails. Also: fake tans.
- Who is your inspiration? Style-wise, I look at ladies like Kate Beckinsale, Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt, Diane Kruger, and Angelina Jolie.
- If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why? Kate Beckinsale–I love her movies, and she’s super-stylish.
11 questions from Amy:
- What is your favorite item from your makeup collection? Probably my Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash mascara. I wish it were waterproof, but it’s the best thus far for natural yet long and fluttery lashes that don’t cost an arm and a leg!
- What’s your favorite movie? The Lord of the Rings.
- Name one makeup item that you would really like to receieve as a gift. The Urban Decay Vice Palette!
- Do you wear makeup every time you leave your house? Nope! I wear makeup very little actually for work, and when I do go out I only wear it if I feel like it. Sometimes I just don’t bother with it, and my husband doesn’t care! If anyone dislikes me for showing my real face, I figure they’re not worth impressing anyway.
- Name your favorite reality TV show. I don’t watch reality TV! I watch very little TV, period!
- Do you use more neutral or bright colored makeup? Neutrals. Right now, though, I’ve loving a vampy lip.
- What is your favorite color to wear on your nails? Any shade of pink!
- What made you start your blog? My interest in cruelty-free beauty and affordable fashion!
- Heels or flats? Boots!
- Name one of your guilty pleasures. York Peppermint Patties.
- Do you have any pets? Two cats, my dear furbabies!
11 questions from Ainsley:
- What or who inspired you to blog? I guess the lack of cruelty-free bloggers–though now I realize that I probably just hadn’t found them yet!
- What moment in your life are you most proud of? I have some that are a little too private to share. One I will share is from today: I registered to vote for the very first time! It’s a good feeling knowing you’re putting your two cents in.
- If you could recommend one book for someone to read, what book would it be? Urgh, there are so many I love, it’s hard to pick just one! But I’m absolutely in love with Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon, which is a great time travel/historical fiction/romance/adventure hybrid. It actually kicks off a long series; I’m impatiently waiting for the eighth book to come out. So worth the wait, though!
- What is your favorite color combination? Black and black. Hah! Or soft pinks and greens.
- What is your go to comfort food? Chocolate!
- If you could live in another time period, when would it be? I can’t say I’d choose any other than the time I’m in!
- If you could only keep one personal item from your room/house, what would it be and why? Photos.
- What is your go to makeup or beauty product? Lip balm! Can’t live without it!
- If you could move to another state, which one would you move to? Washington or Oregon–I love the coast.
- Besides blogging, how do you spend your time on the internet? Facebook, fashion and beauty websites, Pinterest (hours and hours).
- Favorite perfume/body spray? Bath and Body Works Signature Collection Sensual Amber. I’m addicted to that scent!
Okay, time for me to nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer! (If I tag you and you’ve already been tagged, I’m sorry!) I nominate…
- Crazy, Beautiful Makeup
- Cute Makeup
- Emma Louise
- Jojo’s Beauty Guide
- London-bred Ladies Who Lunch
- MakeUp Guinea Pig
- Three Six Five
- Vivacious Venus Beauty Oasis
- The Glambulance
- Pretty Squared
- Paperbacks and Polish
And here are my eleven questions:
- Eye makeup or lip makeup?
- Are you trendy or classic (beauty and fashion alike)?
- What’s your favorite beauty/fashion magazine or website?
- What beauty product can you not live without?
- What’s the biggest dud makeup product you’ve ever bought?
- Favorite article of clothing in your closet?
- Where/what is your dream vacation?
- Which do you prefer: watching a video tutorial or reading one on a blog? Do you have a preferred format when crafting your own tutorials?
- If you weren’t beauty blogging, what would you be doing? (Job, life goal, whatever!)
- What piece of pop culture are you secretly obsessed with–but your friends would never guess it? (It could be a movie, a celebrity, anything!)
- Favorite thing to do on a day off?
Thanks again to the three lovely bloggers who tagged me, and I hope the bloggers I tagged will have fun filling out the questions!