I don’t think I’ve posted a full-length product review in some time, have I? Well, today I have a full product review on one of my Holy Grail beauty products: a shampoo that’s not only vegan but can be found at almost any mass retailer in the country (gasp!).
The product: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo ($8-$9 for 8.5 fl oz)
The claim: Invigorating formula is designed to clarify and alleviate flaking scalp. Sulfate-free formula is safe for color-treated hair. Suitable for all hair types.
I tried it: I should first tell you that this review almost didn’t happen. Why? I didn’t buy this for myself–I bought it for my husband! I was trying to find cruelty-free substitutes for his favorite products, and this was the least girly-looking shampoo bottle in the natural beauty section at Target. I figured that if he didn’t like it, I’d use it eventually, since it is a vegan formula.
Flash forward a few days, and he’s raving about how much he likes it. When he recommended I try it, I thought, Why not? I can review it for the blog later. As it turns out, not only did I try it and like it, I LOVED it. I love it so much, I’m going to condense my love down into list form for your convenience.
I love that this shampoo…
- Is vegan!
- Smells like candy canes! Even my husband called it “a breath mint for your head”. I love minty-smelling stuff and this one is delightful.
- Leaves my hair super-shiny and bouncy, but not dry! It’s a delicate balance between clean and over-clean, and I find that shampoos that get your hair and scalp squeaky clean and shiny can also make it feel dry.
- Cleans so well while remaining sulfate free! I’ve tried sulfate free shampoos in the past that worked okay, but didn’t clean well enough to let me skip a wash on the second day. Again, this shampoo nicely walks the fine line between clean and over-scrubbed.
- Is affordable! On top of the low price, you can often find sales and/or coupons for this brand at stores like Target and ULTA.
- Is color-safe! Some shampoos dull your color (whether natural or processed), so it’s great to find one that is color-safe while still so effective.
- Relieves flaking! If you’re switching over from an animal-tested formula like Head and Shoulders, give this a try. I can’t promise it will be a perfect match for your old dandruff shampoo, but it’s worth a shot; the tea tree oil does a lovely job of clarifying your hair and scalp while remaining all-natural!
- Is so easy to find! Vegan shampoo that can be purchased at Walmart?! Yes, it’s possible!
My verdict: Buy it in bulk! I actually have trouble staying stocked up on this item, since both the hubby and I use it. This is hands-down my favorite shampoo ever and the scent alone makes me happy every time I wash my hair. I definitely feel like my hair is healthier since switching from a regular chemical-laden formula to this one and I’ll continue to stock up on it every chance I get!