Something a little different today! I’ve seen this tag floating around the blogosphere for a while now, most recently over on the lovely Ange’s blog Hairspray and High Heels. I’ve never taken the time to sit down and create my own list, though. Part of feels like I can’t come up with thirty things worth writing down. And the other part of me thinks, What if my goals are too big and I can’t complete them all?
I have a fear of failure. But I feel like fear can hold you back or propel you forward, so I’m hoping the fear of not getting what I want in life will motivate me to just go for it, instead of idling the days away behind the computer screen. So here we go: thirty goals I want to accomplish before I hit thirty! I’ve got a few years to get all of these done. Hopefully that’s enough time!
Places and spaces
- Move out of my hometown.
- Take a road trip.
- Visit the Atlantic Ocean.
- Travel outside of the U.S. Right now I’d be happy with making it across the Canadian border for a cup of coffee and a donut. Mmm, donuts…
- Go to Ireland.
- Go to Europe.
- Go to New Zealand. And yes, I want to see some of the filming sites from The Lord of the Rings. Fangirl alert!
- See Mumford & Sons live in concert.
- Finally get my tattoos.
- Get a motorcycle license (and a motorcycle!).
- Finally finish putting all of my scrapbooks together. We’re talking photos dating back to my childhood here, people.
- Get to touch and possibly ride an elephant. And not in a
zoo prisoncrappy captive environment where the elephant is mistreated and unhappy.
- Photograph wolves in the wild.
- Go on a multi-day hiking trip, complete with sleeping under the stars.
- Hit 1,000 followers on my blog.
- Complete cosmetology school.
- Finish writing a book (or several) and actually get one of them shipped off for possible publication.
- Learn Italian.
- Learn German.
- Take Krav Maga classes.
- Take enough yoga classes that I can do a handstand! I am so weak.
- Learn to bellydance.
- Run a 5K. I can’t run to save my life, so this will be a toughie.
- Learn archery.
- Learn to kayak.
Face my fears
- Walk across the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado, aka the highest bridge in the U.S. I’m deathly afraid of heights!
- Handle a snake or a tarantula. Needn’t be both. Even the rubber ones creep me out.
- Give a speech in public. I’m a confirmed introvert.
- Swim across a lake. The smallest one possible. A koi pond would suffice.
- Fly in an airplane. You can all laugh at me now for having never ever flown, because getting over my fear of
these deathtrapsflying will obviously have to happen before I complete my overseas travels.