1. Going meatless for good hasn’t been that big of a deal to me, except for the loss of seafood. I love me some fish, so you can imagine how excited I was when I popped into the health food store and found vegan “fish” in the freezer aisle. As it turns out…it’s just okay. You definitely wouldn’t mistake them for real fish, but they might pass for fish sticks.
2. Another awesome thing I found at the store? An amazing array of vegan ice cream flavors, everything from vanilla to rocky road to pomegranate chip. That’s making me look forward to summer a bit more.
3. I’ve seen a ton of cute DIYs around the web lately and I need to make time to try some of them. For example, how cute are these altered denim cutoffs? I could totally do this to a $2 pair from the thrift store if I had a free afternoon.
4. Once again, as I do every year, I’m doing my taxes at the very end of March. We never get that big of a refund so I’m never in that big of a rush. The downside of this is that most of the people I know have theirs done by February 1st because they’re so impatient to get that money back, so then I have to hear their comments for two months about how slow I am.
5. Who’s going to see ‘The Host’ when it opens on Friday? I think I need to grab the book from the library and read it first. On the one hand, I don’t care for Stephenie Meyer or ‘Twilight’, so I’m not sure that I’ll like this story. On the other hand, it stars Diane Kruger and Saoirse Ronan, two of my favorite actresses; Saoirse was awesome in ‘Hanna’ and it looks like this movie will be full of action. Thoughts?
6. My new favorite beverage: green tea with a shot of lemon.
7. I really hope Amazon is accurate with their ETA on my order of the Fringe S4 DVDs. That was my last big purchase before my spending ban began and I plan to enjoy it! Season three ended with such a major cliffhanger and I can’t wait to see how season 4 develops! Luckily season 5 will be out on DVD in May, so we won’t be waiting too long to wrap up the series. My husband and I are majorly hooked!!
8. Am I the only one who gets mildly depressed waiting for the next installment in a book or TV series?
9. This is how I feel when people say they don’t like to read.
10. Speaking of reading…last Tuesday I mentioned that I’d love to host a book swap party but can’t find anyone nearby who’d be interested in attending, and some of you commented that you also like the idea. I’m going to try to put together a swap to post sometime next month (provided I don’t get too busy!). So keep your eyes peeled for that!