I came home from work earlier this week to find that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Amy from Small Budget Beauty! The Sunshine Award is “an award given to those who inspire us and bring sunshine into our lives”. Thank you Amy for nominating me, you made my day! :)
There are a few rules:
- Include the award logo in your blog post
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers
Here are Amy’s questions:
1. What is your favorite time of the year? Fall!
2. What do you like most about blogging? Connecting with other people who have similar interests.
3. Do you match your toe nail color to your finger nail color? Sometimes, but usually I mix it up. I wear more neutrals on my toes and more brights or nail art on my fingers.
4. What is your favorite quote? I have tons of favorite quotes, but I especially love Tolstoy’s “If you want to be happy, be.” I think we get really caught up in having things or doing things to make us happy, and forget to cherish the simple things in life. This is a good reminder to me to live in the moment and be happy with the little things in my life at that time.
5. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I save some if they have a sentimental connection, but mostly I recycle them.
6. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? I hope I’ll become less of a worrywart. But I’m afraid it’s just part of my nature :P
7. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done? Every time I’ve gone swimming in water deeper than my knees has been the scariest thing I’ve ever done!
8. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try? I’d like to work in an advertising agency. I think it’d be fun to come up with print and television ads for different products, coming up with catchy photos and taglines for the items.
9. Have you ever met any celebrities? No.
10. If you had an unlimited shopping spree at one store, which store would it be? Pier 1! I could go nuts in there refurnishing the house and picking out cool gifts for everyone I know.
I am nominating these ladies, because they all had posts this week that made my day a little sunnier:
And here are my questions:
1. If you could travel to any point in the past or the future and spend one day there, where/when would you land and why?
2. Everyone talks about how much they love autumn–but what’s your least favorite thing about this time of the year?
3. If you could only wear one shade of nail polish for the rest of the year, what would it be?
4. What item do you have no problem dishing out serious cash for? Doesn’t have to be beauty related, could be books, food, etc.
5. What would your last meal be?
6. If you could live in another country for a year, where would you go?
7. If you won the lottery, would you still work a regular job, or would you choose to punch out for the last time?
8. If you could have any wild animal for a pet (and it would behave like a domesticated animal, of course!), what would it be?
9. What beauty routine do you secretly loathe, but follow religiously (or not so religiously) anyway?
10. What’s your “theme song”?