Ooh, goal-setting time! I’m going to be honest: New Year’s is probably my favorite holiday of the whole year. I love that ritual of starting fresh, the feeling that you have a clean slate and can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Of course I have a whole separate list of goals and resolutions for the new year, but for this post I’ll focus specifically on my book-related goals.
1. Finish some of the series I’ve started. I think at last count I had about a dozen in progress (cringe). I really, really need to finish some of these before starting any new ones.
2. Read daily. I do try. But sometimes I watch TV instead, or I waste time on the internet, and other days I’m just busy with life. It’s not that those are bad things, per se, but I’d like to get in a habit of reading a book every single day, even if it’s just a few pages–it makes me happy when life is chaotic and stressful, and it’s much better than scrolling through Pinterest for an hour.
3. Read a few classics. I’ve ignored this genre lately, but I have a few on my shelf I’d like to tackle.
4. Read more nonfiction. I rarely read nonfiction. But I’d like to try reading at least one nonfiction title each month.
5. Start reviewing books on my YouTube channel. This is something I’ve thought about for a while, and I’m going to start doing it in 2015! I want to do short reviews, maybe two or three minutes tops, on some of the books I read each week. I might not film a video for every book I read, but I’d like to do several each month.
6. Work through my owned TBR shelf. I have a huge TBR shelf on Goodreads, obviously. But I’ve been accumulating books on the physical bookshelf in my living room all year, and I haven’t read any of them because I keep loading up on titles from the library. Which is fine…but a) I have some really good titles on there waiting to be read, and b) we’re running out of shelf space, which means it’s time for a cull. So once I’m done with my current library batch, I’m going to start digging through my owned pile.
7. Blog about books on a regular basis. I’ve even been neglecting my monthly roundups–for shame. It’s time to get back in the habit.
8. Be more active in the book blogging world. I have a few things I’m working on now, including my YouTube project. Connecting with other book bloggers gives me new titles for my TBR list and exposes me to books I might not otherwise hear about or be inclined to pick up.
9. Get my bookshelf organized. It’s a mess.
10. Read more, period. Books, magazines, blogs about books and magazines–I just need to read more, period!
What are your bookish goals (or goals in general) for the new year? Share them with me in the comments!