My Zoya order (from the 2014 Color Your World promo) finally arrived! I ended up ordering three extra polishes to get the free shipping, so I now have a total of six lovely polishes waiting to be worn. Zoya is my favorite polish brand–the formula is great, the color selection is massive, and the polishes are all vegan–plus they release tons of trendy new fashion colors each season that you won’t find in the drugstore.
I tried to order with an eye toward the polishes I’ll want to wear this spring and summer, rather than snagging more glitters and “winter” polishes. To that end, I grabbed “Charisma”, a neon orchid shade, to fit with the Pantone color of the year: Radiant Orchid! I also picked up “Darcy”, a warm yellow, and “Destiny”, a coral PixieDust that I’ve been craving since last summer. I think both of these colors will make great pedicure colors once the weather warms up.
I also picked out three wild card colors. I don’t normally go for blues, but “Song” was too pretty to pass up. “Purity” is a solid white that should be great for nail art, while “Rue” is a blush nude from the spring “Natural” collection that was just recently released.
Here are some shots in cooler light. I think you can see the shimmers in Song a bit better. I’m wondering what Charisma will look like on the nails, because it’s insanely bright even in the bottle! I’ve heard it has a semi-matte finish, so I might have to use a high-gloss topcoat with this one.
Now the swatching begins… :D
1. What a Super Bowl…I honestly expected Denver to win. Go Seattle!!
2. On a related note, kudos to Peyton Manning for being hella classy in the face of an epic loss. Sometimes it seems like professional athletes are incredibly spoiled and selfish, so it’s refreshing to see one be so gracious.
3. We finally got several inches of snow, along with temps hovering at zero. I foresee a great deal of hiding inside and doing nothing all week.
4. I was so excited to finally get a treadmill, and then I managed to tear or sprain something in my leg this weekend…so no playing around with my new toy for awhile. I’m beyond annoyed.
5. I’m getting that perennial seasonal itch to change up my hair. First it was bangs. Now for some insane reason I’m feeling really tempted to go blonde…like, really, really blonde. I’m trying to talk myself out of it.
6. Beyond annoyed that Taylor Swift is on the cover of Glamour again. I don’t care for her and I’m sick of her relationship drama. Aren’t there any other talented young ladies out there that these magazines could profile?
7. Purple lipstick or not? I’m thinking of a shade like MAC’s Heroine. Any vegan suggestions? Tips for pulling it off?
8. My cat seemingly decided to shed all of his fur at once this weekend. I brushed out enough fur in one sitting to knit a cat sweater. I thought pets only did that when the warm weather hit?
9. Very irritated that Amazon doesn’t take PayPal. I get it, PayPal is owned by eBay and eBay and Amazon are competitors, etc. etc. etc. Still doesn’t erase my irritation.
10. I think one of my biggest pet peeves has to be people who procrastinate like crazy, but constantly point out the procrastinations of others. Makes me want to tear my hair out.
I’m sure you had a clue as to what this month’s theme would be…because let’s be honest, it is all over Pinterest right now:
Valentine’s Day Goodies
|(Super-cute Valentine’s DIY from Amanda’s blog! Find it here.)
Even if you don’t get heavily into the Hallmark side of things, I think Valentine’s Day is a great holiday–it’s the perfect excuse to eat lots of chocolate and treat yourself to a fancy dinner, a day at the spa, or some other luxury experience that you’d normally not spring for. Since Valentine’s Day recipes can include anything from a decadent dessert to a perfect dinner for two, the theme this month is any recipe for Valentine’s Day. Whatever you have to share, we’re excited to see!
Here is how Recipe Writers works: At the beginning of every month we will introduce a new theme and all share our recipes here. The link party will close on the last day of the month. This way you will have time to share a recipe before and after the holiday (if there is one) so others can try it, check out other recipes to try yourself and impress your family and friends with the delicious flavors of the season. For example, November was Thanksgiving Favorites, December was Christmas Cookies and January was Healthy Eating!
Remember, this link up is open until the end of the month and we will have a new one next month starting on the 1st. Don’t forget to check in next month to see if your recipe was featured. So, what are you waiting for? Make your favorite recipes, blog about it and share them with us!