My friend Celeste tagged me for this post; you can see her answers here.
1. What is the first book you remember reading? Probably Little House on the Prairie. I really got into stories about pioneers and this stands out in my mind as one of the best.
2. What books make up your childhood? I was obsessed with historical fiction of any kind, so I read all of the Little House books, the American Girl books, etc.
3. What’s the first series of books you devoured? Probably the Nancy Drew books! When I ran out I switched to the Hardy Boys.
4. What books have you, or could you, read over and over again? The Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice, the Miss Marple mysteries by Agatha Christie, Outlander, and the Game of Thrones books.
5. What books take you back to a certain point in your life and why? Gosh, I’m drawing a blank here for some reason. I guess I would say that anything about wilderness survival reminds me of being a teen, because I went through a period when I was really interested in how to survive almost anything and I gobbled up books (fiction and nonfiction alike) on the subject.
6. What book changed your life, or could at least change someone elses? I’ve given this answer before in similar questionnaires, but quite definitely The Art of Happiness. I started reading it at a time when I was really in a bit of a funk and it really changed my perspective on life.
7. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would it be? I’m going to echo Celeste and say, thank goodness it hasn’t come to that!