1. We watched The Return of the Pink Panther last night–we actually had to get a copy on VHS from the local video store (!). My husband says he suspects a lot of nostalgia is involved in my memories of this movie being so, so much funnier than Steve Martin’s remakes of the series. Any movies that appeal to you in part because of nostalgia?
2. I looked up Peter Sellers this morning and was surprised to learn that he had such a brief and troubled life–something I never knew before. It seems like so many great minds are total train wrecks when they’re not creating their art.
3. I’m supposed to get a belated birthday present later today from one of my besties and I can’t wait to see what it is. The husband says he’s a little jealous that he didn’t think to buy it, which makes me even more puzzled as to what it could be!
4. The Surgeon General is finally zooming in on the problem of skin cancer and tanning beds. Read the article in the Washington Post here. As we’re smack dab in the middle of summer this seems like a very timely report, but it bugs me that it’s taken this long for the SG to focus on the issue.
5. I’m having one of those ill-advised urges to get bangs again…someone stop me!
6. Pretty sure this day will be spent lounging on the deck reading. I would add “and also eating chips and guacamole” but I have neither at home and I’m too lazy to go to the store.
7. In case you’ve ever wondered what Morgan Freeman sounds like on helium…
8. My little edamame plant has pods on it! Now I’m waiting on the strawberry plant to flower…
9. The mint plant is also going bonkers. Need to dry the leaves for tea this winter!
10. Ugh, I forgot how hard it was to come up with ten things! O_o Happy Tuesday everyone!