(photo by Tomasz Paciorek via Unsplash)
Is it really possible that it’s been over a month since I answered any of these? I kind of stopped because of being busy and such, but I want to get back on track and finish the year’s worth of questions. After all, I am halfway done. :)
#197: In your lifetime, what have you done that hurt someone else? Without going into detail, I’ve done things on a whim without thinking about how they might hurt my parents’ feelings, which is really a sucky thing to do and not really justifiable. (Especially to the person who lugged you around in their belly for nine months.) As I’ve gotten older I’ve gotten less rash, and now I try to think things through a bit more.
#198: What’s the best part of growing older? Becoming wiser.
#199: What’s been on your mind most lately? Death. Which is really morbid, considering it’s Christmas and all…but I’ve been dwelling on mortality a lot.
#200: What do you think is worth waiting for? Well, currently, I would say my weekly sessions watching The Vampire Diaries with J. and The Walking Dead with my husband. I guess I could just binge-watch them solo but it’s more fun to watch these with a friend so you have someone to share all the goodness with!
#201: What chances do you wish you had taken? I wish I’d taken the chance to travel and explore when I was younger and not tied down. Nowadays going out of town for a night is a huge thrill. But, with life comes responsibility.
#202: Where else would you like to live? Why? I’d like to spend time in Europe, just to experience different cultures. (And also, the food. I bet the food is amazing!)
#203: What motivates you to go to work each day? The fear of getting fired and not having money to pay my bills. I’d like to say something poetic and motivational here but honestly, after the last couple of weeks, that’s the only thing getting me out of bed when the alarm goes off.
Let’s kick off the Christmas season with a giveaway, shall we?
I’ll have a new giveaway starting each week on Friday throughout the month of December. Each giveaway will be open for one week. This week I’m giving away a Pacifica Wanderlust Beauty Set, which includes a BB cream, a tinted lip balm, and two eye shadows. All are vegan-friendly.
All you have to do is enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is open internationally through December 12th, 2014. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1. I can’t believe I forgot to take pictures of our Thanksgiving dinner meal. How lame is that?
2. I also forgot to post for the first day of an Instagram photo challenge yesterday. Good. Grief. I’m blaming the headache that wouldn’t go away for my forgetfulness. To be fair it was selfie day, and I hate taking selfies. At least I posted today, for “something red” (my coffee mug).
3. I’M GETTING A NEW PHONE TODAY AND I’M SO EXCITED. I know, that’s kind of lame that a new phone is the highlight of my week, but allow me to explain. I’ve been using my little flip phone for six years now–no need to fix what ain’t broken, right?–but as it’s finally wearing out, and I found a new phone on sale, I finally made the switch. My friends are teasing me about finally joining the 21st century but I don’t care. My little phone served me well all those years. (Though I admit I’m thrilled to finally have Instagram on my phone!)
4. I got a new rug for our bedroom this weekend to hide our old blue carpet. (The ups and downs of renting–I know, I know, #firstworldproblems.) It’s so cute and makes the whole room feel brighter. Love it.
5. I started playing Words With Friends and now I’m hooked. Look me up if you want a match!
6. One upside to feeling crummy: I’ve read a lot this weekend. Like, a ton.
7. I did get most of my Christmas decorations up this weekend. We’re putting up the tree today.
8. There’s a new bookstore in town! But I can’t remember the name of it…The Literary Moose, maybe? Will have to investigate further.
9. Coconut Bliss ice cream is the best.
10. I’ve got one of my friends hooked on one of my favorite books ever, The Shadow of the Wind. He actually likes it so much, he took it home from work to read instead of playing his PS4.