Andrea from BeQuoted tagged me this week to answer ten questions, and I think she picked some pretty thought-provoking ones! Here are her ten questions, and my ten answers:
- Who should be the first female president of the United States? Keep in mind that this woman needn’t have a political career. I absolutely can’t recommend a political lady, since (and I’m ashamed to admit it) I don’t do a great job of keeping up on politics. I’d like to see a vibrant, strong young woman like Emma Watson or Zoe Saldana run for a political career though. I could see them rocking it!
- What’s your favorite quote? I have too many to list here, but I do love, “If you want to be happy, be.” (Leo Tolstoy) It’s a reminder to live in the moment.
- What has been one of the biggest sacrifices you’ve made? I can’t think of a lot of sacrifices I’ve had to make in life, and any that have seemed like a big deal at the time seem like #firstworldproblems when viewed in hindsight.
- What’s one of your favorite books – fiction or non-fiction? I adored Marisha Pessl’s Night Film.
- Who’s your favorite “side-chick”: Mary Jane Paul of the series Being Mary Jane or Olivia Pope of super series Scandal? Oh, Olivia. Her flawless wardrobe just slays me. And also, hello, she’s played by the impeccably gorgeous (and talented, and smart) Kerry Washington. I want to be BFFs with her so I can raid her closet while she imparts her worldly wisdom to me!
- Would you rather travel by train, plane, or boat? I’m scared to fly and also of water, but I’ve always wanted to take a train ride somewhere. I think it would be a novel experience, though maybe the glamour of films like The Tourist and North By Northwest is tainting my answer a bit.
- Which is more endearing, a kiss or hug? I would say a hug. Strangely enough I think it’s more intimate.
- Your favorite comfort food? Carbs! Right now I’m really craving some vegan pad thai!!!!
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken. It had to lay the egg, right? Wait…
- If you were forced to enter a talent show what would be your talent? Stand-up comedy–I love making people laugh!
I guess this is the part where I have to come up with ten questions for y’all, right? I’m tagging anyone who wants to answer them–just leave me a comment so I can find your blog and check our your post. I thought of a lot of “would you rather”s and I’m curious to see what anyone has to say…
- Would you rather have a year of summer or a year of winter?
- Would you rather become immortal, but be the only person with this condition; or live a short life and die after only fifty years?
- Would you rather be rich, pretty and famous for a day or the lower-class, plain-Jane friend of a famous person for a year?
- Would you rather lose your sight, hearing, taste, or sense of smell?
- Would you rather read the book first or watch the movie/TV show?
- Would you rather give an improvised speech live on television or walk around work with bad panty lines all day?
- Would you rather give up your favorite food for a whole year in exchange for a cash sum, or skip the money and pig out?
- Would you rather have a month of terrible days (think your worst day ever on repeat) or slip into a coma for a month and miss out on an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience?
- Would you rather spend the rest of your life in your home country, or spend the rest of your life traveling anywhere you wanted (but never being able to return home)?
- Would you rather have a personal hairstylist give you a flawless ‘do every day for a year, or win an all-you-can-grab-in-an-hour shopping spree at your favorite store?
You know what to do…get posting! You can also tag me on Twitter so I can read your post.