Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re tackling the very difficult task of picking out our top ten spring TBRs–and let me tell you, with a TBR pile currently sitting at around 900 books (!), that’s no easy task. However, here are ten of the books that I’m most eager to read in the coming months, now that I can look forward to sitting on the porch in the sun to do so:
1. Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel–I’ve heard so many rave reviews from friends! I’m starting this now.
2. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell–I really enjoyed The Bone Clocks and am eager to read this so I can see the movie.
3. The Mistborn series, by Brandon Sanderson–a Christmas gift from the hubby!
4. Dawn’s Early Light, by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris–I got tired of waiting for the library to get this, so I finally bought it–it was only $6 after all.
5. A Dance With Dragons, by George R.R. Martin–I’ve held off on it forever, but I’m dying to know what happens next.
6. The Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer–I’ve heard nothing but good things about this series.
7. Shutter Island, by Dennis Lehane–I really enjoyed the movie, hopefully the book is just as good.
8. Seeker, by Arwen Elys Dayton–I’ve heard that this is a really good YA pick, and great for fans of The Hunger Games.
9. The Magicians trilogy, by Lev Grossman–because I love anything to do with magic.
10. Dust, by Hugh Howey–I need to finally finish the Silo saga and see how it all ends!