Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re talking about those characters we just can’t let go of–the ones we’d like to peek in on, days or months or years after their book/series ended, so we can see how they’re doing.
1. and 2. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice: I’m a sucker for re-tellings of this story, and I love stories that peek in on their married life.
3. and 4. Celia and Marco from The Night Circus: I loved this book so much, I wasn’t ready for it to end.
5. 6. 7. 8. Hanna, Emily, Aria and Spencer from Pretty Little Liars: I didn’t care for the last eight books in this series; I think restarting it was a poor idea and these books didn’t live up to the original eight. That said, I’d like to see a series featuring these girls as adults–you know, with juicier lies and secrets to keep!
9. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Apparently there’s a new manuscript coming out this summer, so I might actually get this wish!
10. Max from The Book Thief: I adored this book, but I always wanted to see where these he went after the story ended, since he kind of dropped out of the picture and wasn’t heard from again.
Any characters you’d check in with if you could?