Disclaimer: this gift guide is based on what I would buy as gifts for guys I know—the things I know they would love and use on a regular basis. However, that’s not to say these are gifts only for guys—they’d work for plenty of girls, too!—and it’s definitely not all-inclusive; it’s just a small sample of things that I think would make great (and affordable gifts) for the guys in your life. Read on for more details and shopping info!
(1) Atlas Obscura, by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, Ella Morton (hardcover, 480 pages), $35 (through Amazon, Book Depository, or other booksellers). A guide to 700+ of the world’s most unusual places, complete with color photographs.
(2) The Good Hurt Fuego, $34.99 (Amazon.com). Is it just the guys I know, or is hot sauce a “guy” thing? This set includes seven hot sauces from mild garlic herb to blazing ghost pepper.
(3) SoundBot Bluetooth beanie, $24.99 (Amazon.com). There are actually TONS of Bluetooth beanies out there, in a variety of colors and styles, but this one has consistently high reviews.
(4) Escape Room: The Game, $29.99 (Target). I’ve been to a local escape room a couple of times with my partner and we loved it. This board game puts four different “rooms” in a box for fun at home.
(5) Thug Kitchen Party Grub: For Social Motherf*ckers, $25.99 (Amazon.com). For the plant-based guy (or any guy who’s trying to eat healthier), a tome that is definitely not your parents’ vegetarian cookbook.
(6) Canvas Weekend Bag, $39.99 (H&M). Sturdy canvas + faux leather details = a stylish travel companion for the guy who’s always on the go.
(7) Gerber 01471 Suspension Butterfly, $24.99 (Amazon.com). Because honestly, who doesn’t need a multitool?
(8) Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Land, $24.99 (online at Ulta.com). A traveling tin with a solid cologne balm that smells like redwood with hints of sandalwood, amber, citrus, rosemary, and clove. (P.S. This is one of my favorite men’s grooming brands, so if the solid cologne isn’t your guy’s thing, check out some of their other options online.)
(9) AmazonBasics Bluetooth Mini Speaker, $24.99 (Amazon.com). Shockproof, waterproof, dustproof, and boasting twelve hours of battery life, this small speaker stashes in a pocket or clips to a backpack for every adventure.
(10) Tough Tested 8,000mAh Solar-Powered Battery and LED Flashlight, $49.99 (Cabelas). Perfect whether he’s just always on the go and forgetting to charge his phone (and also his portable charger), or he’s a die-hard outdoor explorer who needs to charge his phone and Go Pro in the middle of the woods.