Denim is hot for fall, and Christina Aguilera’s cover look from the October issue of Lucky magazine is super-easy to recreate.
It’s basically all about a soft denim button-down and loads of killer rock-chic jewelry. Try these pieces on for size:
1. Merona Women’s Favorite Denim Shirt, $19.99, Target
2. Rhinestone Pyramid Shield Ring, $9.50, Wet Seal
3. Rhinestoned Knuckle Ring, $5.80, Forever 21
4. Beaded Layered Necklace, $6.80, Forever 21
5. Painted Curb Chain Bracelet, $5.80, Forever 21
6. Faceted Stretchy Ring, $5.80, Forever 21
What’s the hottest nail polish color for fall/winter 2012? Grey! I personally love grey nail polish in all of its assorted shades and am super-excited to see it return to popularity. Here are a dozen hip shades of grey, from smoky charcoal to dove grey to sparkly silver, for your consideration:
1.Butter London Gobsmacked Nail Lacquer, $14
2. Sonia Kashuk Nail Color in Dime A Dozen, $5
3. Zoya Nail Polish in Freja, $8
4. Sonia Kashuk Nail Color in Blank Slate, $5
5. Milani Nail Lacquer in Just Grayt, $4.50
6. Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Color in Wet Cement, $4
7. E.L.F. Essential Nail Polish in Smoky Brown, $2
8. Zoya Nail Polish in Dove, $8
9. Butter London Lady Muck Nail Lacquer, $14
10. Sonia Kashuk Nail Color in Smoke and Mirrors, $5
11. Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Metallica, $1
12. Milani Nail Lacquer in Silver Stilettos, $4.50
Burgundy, wine, deep red, oxblood…you’ll see a few different color terms tossed around this fall, but they all point to the same thing: shades of deep, dark, rich burgundy-red that scream “autumn” in all the best ways.
1. Ponte Knit Blazer, $29.80, Forever 21
2. Red Lucite Bangle Set, $14, Maurice’s
3. Wish You Were Sheer High-Low Burgundy Lace Dress, $40, Lulu’s
4. Embossed Faux Crocodile Wallet, $9.50, Forever 21
5. Sequin Lace Panel Tank, $18.99, Charlotte Russe
6. Melange Pattern Tights, $7.80, Forever 21
7. Rocket Dog Amery Cassis Burgundy Velvet Knotted Ballet Flats, $32, Lulu’s
8. Waxed Mamba Skinny Jean, $29.50, Wet Seal
9. Patent Platform Mary Janes, $22.80, Forever 21
Today I’m running through the best fall 2012 trends for flats and pumps, along with a few of my favorite pairs for each trend. Let the shopping begin!
Sexy yet smart, these say “sexy boss lady”–and they’re comfy enough to wear to the office without your feet going on strike.
Whether flat or heeled, this menswear-inspired shoe is the perfect companion to fall skirts and cuffed skinny pants alike.
Glitter, studs, jewels–what isn’t appearing on fall 2012’s party-worthy, yet totally comfortable flat shoes?
On tips and toes alike, this trend adds edge to any pair of flats or heels.
If there’s one shoe that says “autumn” to me, it’s a pair of boots. It’s fitting, then, that there are so many great styles of boots surfacing on the fall fashion scene this year. From low to high and flat to heeled, here are the best fall 2012 boot trends to add to your closet.
Low ankle boots
Proof that you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for style–or vice versa–these boots are a versatile and trendy pick that won’t leave you hobbling at the end of a long day at a music festival.
This equestrian-inspired style goes with skirts and pants alike and keeps your feet warm and dry through the winter months.
Knee-high heeled boots
The seventies staple is back in a big way after a long year of ankle booties. (Don’t worry, those haven’t gone away either!)
Low, high, heeled, flat–all styles are sporting serious buckles this year, which lend major edge to even the flounciest frock.
Yes, they’re wildly impractical. But they’re also wildly fun. Wear them with colored or sweater-knit tights for maximum trendiness.