We’re watching season three of Heroes on DVD right now and I’ve got this song stuck in my head, thanks to Sylar and Danko. (The original was performed by The Animals.)
I’m obsessed with this song right now.
I’ve been listening to this song a lot again lately. Love Mumford & Sons.
1. I just got back from my mini weekend road trip, and I can’t even pick my brain for anything coherent today. So here are a bunch of random “I can’t even” bullet points instead!
2. Have you guys seen those ads for Poo-Pourri? I can’t even…apparently this is a real product? How does that girl do the ads without turning beet red from suppressed laughter? Who actually came up with this?
3. And then there’s Ylvis. Spoiler alert: these guys make music videos that pretty much spoof everything we love to hate about music videos: the fake “deep” lyrics, the slow-mo shots, dance parties in odd places, scripted stories against the dramatic backdrop of the music. It’s comedy. But if you were foreign to earth and stumbled on this video, you would surely get back in your spaceship and exit ASAP. Who would want to risk catching whatever it is we’ve apparently got?
4. This is so me I can’t even…though to be fair, half the time I’m leaping over a cat and not from some sudden inner burst of delight.
5. I can’t even. Oh my gosh. Dying.
|(via Pinterest via icanhascheezburger.com)|
|(via Pinterest via themetapicture.com)|
8. I can’t even explain why, but I was doubled over laughing for five minutes straight when I saw this picture. Someone please tell me I’m not the only one.
10. I can’t even wrap my mind around this. M.C. Escher. Wow. The amount of talent here is mind-blowing!
2. To really appreciate this dancing cat GIF from Hoppip’s Tumblr, you have to turn on a techno song and watch the cats do the wave to the beat. Try something from Tiesto. (Go check out that Tumblr by the way–it’s full of cute kitty GIFs and drawings.)
|Hoppip / Via hoppip.tumblr.com|
And I’m over here like…
WHY? Is it not enough that we have One Direction running loose in the world?
6. By the way, boys–the Dave Grohl look is only attractive if you are in fact Dave Grohl. If you are marginally employed and living in your parent’s basement until you “make it big”, you just look like a silly wannabe who needs to wash his hair.
7. You have to go see this Vine of a truck driving off a highway overpass. No, really, this happened. (The driver is okay, by the way.)
8. I am trying so hard to get into season two of Game of Thrones but it is just nowhere nearly as good as the books. Things ought to get a lot better once this smooth criminal shows up, considering he was my favorite character in all of book two. But I don’t really know that I’ll bother going on to season three. The TV show has just really been a letdown. :(
9. I guess you know you’ve given a cat a really good rubdown when he stops purring to give you a double head boop.
10. This note and response was written on a box in our stockroom. I don’t what’s funnier, the fact that someone wrote a note requesting garbage pickup or the fact that someone else replied to shame them and still did not take the box to the trash. This box has been sitting there for months. Months, people. It’s like something from a Dilbert cartoon.
I thought I would put together a slightly different post today! I try really hard to exercise a little each day, whether through something fun like dancing or hiking or a more strict “workout” routine from a DVD, magazine tear-out, etc. But I really struggle with motivation to get up and get moving. The best way for me to get moving (and stay moving) is to have a great soundtrack blasting in the background. So today I thought I would share some of my favorite new workout songs!
Make sure you leave me a comment and tell me some of your favorite new workout tunes so I can check them out!
This is a couple of years old, but I just found it by chance on Spotify. Remember when Korn and Skrillex teamed up? This is the same sort of dynamic–metal and EDM mashed up for a fast-paced workout song that’s great for a long run.