I think this is my favorite time of the year. The autumn colors are gorgeous and I get to wear all of my favorite things: boots, cozy scarves, and lots of layers. It’s been a bit rainy here but I did get outside to take these quick OOTD pics. I’m loving my new boot socks and wear them everyday!
(T-shirt, sweater: Target; jeans: Walmart; jacket: Wet Seal; boots, boot socks: Payless; scarf: Kizuri; earrings: Pier 1)
1. I’m almost done with my sci-fi lit class and as much as I’ve enjoyed it, I’m kind of relieved. I’m ready to read books for fun again, not because they’re on a syllabus.
2. I knew I would enjoy my modern business class when the professors started referencing Dilbert and The Big Bang Theory!
3. Helllllloooo, spring time! We actually turned the heat off and opened the windows two days in a row. (Just a crack, and I’m wearing my fuzzy bathrobe, but still–the house stayed at 66 degrees.) It feels great to get that fresh air inside.
4. I can no longer claim to be “not a TV person”–I’m hooked on Boardwalk Empire. And yeah, I’m about three seasons behind, but it’s still awesome.
5. Are you going to see Divergent? I loved the first book and hated the second and third ones. I do like Shailene Woodley but overall I’m still feeling kind of “meh” about the whole franchise. And no one, repeat, NO ONE can replace Katniss!
6. I need this pin! (From Etsy seller beanforest)
7. So true.
8. Speaking of books–take this Buzzfeed quiz to find out what type of book you are! I’m a secondhand book, apparently.
9. By the way, those Buzzfeed quizzes are evil. Talk about a time suck!
10. If I buy one new pair of shoes for spring, it will probably be these. You can’t go wrong with Chucks.
When I first started blogging about ethical consumerism and ethical fashion this summer (click the hyperlinks to see those posts), I meant to throw together a wishlist post of fashion items that were fair trade, eco-friendly, made in the USA or vegan. Somehow that post never got put together (oops!) but now that fall is right around the corner, I thought it was a good time to put together a little list of items for that summer-to-fall transition period. The best part: everything here is under $50!
(All links below go directly to the web page for the item; they are not affiliate links.)
1. Shirred tunic, $38, One Mango Tree
2. Print dress, $48, Lulu’s
3. Shorts, $21.60, One Mango Tree
4. Sweater, $35, Tree of Life
5. Colored denim, $49, Land’s End
6. Earrings, $17, Roozt
7. Ankle boots, $45, Fashion Conscience
8. Scarf, $16, People Tree
9. Tank top, $20, Glik’s
10. Floral tee, $33, Fashion Conscience
Wild, huh? I just love wildly colored or patterned wedges with a cork sole. They’re the perfect blend of fun and classic. Mudd wedge sandals, $29.99 (was $59.99), Kohl’s stores or kohls.com.
How cute are these faux suede coral pumps? If you’re not really a “pink” person, they’re also available in cobalt blue, lime green, or mint! Faux suede pumps, $29.80; Forever 21 stores or Forever21.com
I don’t know why, but these wild lace-up sandals from the new Prabal Gurung for Target collection have caught my eye in a major way.
Unfortunately for moi Target’s website is listing these as “not sold in stores” and “currently unavailable” online. *le sigh* Lace-up Pump, $39.99, Target stores
I feel like I’ve been waiting for FOREVER for my Influenster Holiday VoxBox to arrive! It’s packed full of goodies, which I’ll be reviewing in detail over the next week or so. But for now, let’s take a look at the goods!
Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes. I was not reimbursed for this review however and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Here’s the full box. I’m going to get a proper unboxing video uploaded on my YouTube channel soon, once my lazy self digs out the mic for a voiceover, but for now let’s look at what I got in brief.
First, you’ll notice a card for Sole Society. I hadn’t heard of this site before Influenster, so this is sort of interesting. Through the end of January, you can get $25 off your first purchase through the site with the code “INFLUENSTER25”. (http://www.SoleSociety.com) I am of course a massive shoe addict, so I’ll probably find an excuse to use this code.
Next, there’s a package of Kiss Nail Dress stickers (retail value $6.99). I’ve never tried these before, but I love the design they sent! I’m super-excited about this product and will probably try these out next weekend when the hubby and I have date night.
The Goody QuikStyle brush (retail value $11.99) is going to be interesting. I got a “half-round” brush that’s supposed to give better blowouts and cut drying time thanks to the microfiber bristles, which absorb water from the hair. I hate the time it takes to dry my hair, so this will definitely be reviewed within the week.
The Quaker Real Medleys+ oatmeal ($1.79 per cup) is the wild card item. I know lots of people are not “oatmeal people” but I love it and I always need breakfast items to go. My one gripe with this product: it has a lot of sugar in each cup (22 grams) and I feel like it’s a bit pricey for regular eating. Still, it’s tasty (I already tried it!).
Then there’s the EBoost packet ($28/20 packets or $39/30 packets). I tried one of these in the orange flavor in my last VoxBox; this one is a Pink Lemonade packet. I’m not a fan of these fizzy packets per se but they DO give you an energy boost (essential for nutty multitaskers like me) and they’re not so bad mixed into a smoothie.
The NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine ($2.49) is the only item that disappoints me. Parent company Coty tests on animals and since I can’t get any definitive information on NYC’s testing policies, I have to assume that they test as well.This is a nice neutral shade (“Nude York City”) but I’ll be passing it on.
Finally, I qualified for a bonus item this time around (yay, me!). Montagne Jeunesse makes awesome face masques, and this Fruit Smoothie deep pore cleansing masque ($2) looks perfectly suited to my skin type. Oh, and did I mention that MJ is vegetarian and Leaping Bunny-certified?