In no particular order, things that cheer me up on a crappy day:
2. A stack of magazines
4. Skyping with my mom
5. Kitty cuddles
6. Pictures of baby animals (or better yet, baby animals in person)
7. Hanging out with my husband, who never fails to make me laugh
8. Walking in the park
9. More tea
10. Vegan cupcakes from Boots Bakery
11. Getting a surprise card in the mail
12. Bubble baths with fancy bath soaps and lotions
14. More tea!
15. The humor section of Pinterest
16. A really good book
17. My electric blankets
18. Ice cream. The chocolate coconut milk from So Delicious is divine.
19. Vegan Pad Thai. Takeout of course, so I have to neither cook nor clean up.
20. Even more tea!
What cheers you up on a yucky day?
I started blogging because I wanted to share my love of makeup and fashion and connect with other girls who felt the same way! Over time the focus of my blog has changed a little: I blog about vegan makeup and fashion now, and I also talk about animals, food, books, music, art, and whatever else pops into my head. But the reason hasn’t changed: I still love “meeting” new people who have similar interests. I’ve met some of my best friends through blogging, and now I finally have a vegan bestie in Katrin, who shares my love of vegan desserts and understands why a baby bat is adorable, even when other people go “What?!”
It’s especially a big deal for me since I live in a small-ish town where things like veganism and an all-consuming love of books make me the odd one out. Since there aren’t a lot of chances for me to find like-minded friends locally, blogging has become the perfect outlet for me to find other people who will understand the joy of finding a vegan substitute for an old favorite food, or nod knowingly when I explain, “I can’t go out today. I have a book to read!”
If you blog, why did you start? Has it been everything you thought it would be?