1. I’ve been a terrible linker-upper this past month. Well, what can I say–life gets busier and busier all the time!!
2. I don’t know where I’d be without Spotify. I don’t listen to the regular radio much anymore.
3. Thank goodness for my electric blanket! It went from warm and fall-like to forty degrees and pouring rain almost overnight and it’s freezing here.
4. And thank goodness for vacation…I really need a few days away from the craziness of work before the full plunge into the holiday season!
5. Speaking of holidays…why does all the Christmas stuff hit shelves in SEPTEMBER?! Seriously?! Who needs to buy a fake tree and window clings that soon?! I want to spend September and October enjoying fall, not thinking about snow and Christmas shopping. One holiday at a time, please.
6. I am just beyond disappointed to see Rihanna on the November cover of Glamour…I was so thrilled to see Kerry Washington–beautiful, talented, brilliant–on the October cover. But I have been disappointed with Rihanna ever since the whole Chris Brown incident. I was really upset that she would give a long interview about respecting yourself enough to leave an abusive man and how she had a responsibility as a role model to her fans, and then she went right back to him.
Obviously it’s her personal life and no one has the right to judge, but I feel like no one is willing to shake her and say, “Girlfriend, you deserve better. You are better.” I feel like young girls look at these stars and see only the drama and the glitz and miss all of the quiet knots in the stomach and hidden bruises and pain. I wish these stars would take their position as a role model seriously enough to stand up and say, “You don’t have to take that. You can leave.” And then demonstrate it.
7. When it comes to TV or books, do you prefer spoilers or not? My husband avoids them at all costs; I don’t mind some spoilers. Sometimes, I confess, I seek them out. What can I say? I’m not good at waiting!
8. I got really bored and decided to look up all the famous people who share my birthday, because why not. I think it should be a game, like pick a half dozen people who share your birthday and they can be your zombie apocalypse fighting team. Anyway, I get to have some pretty good people on my team I think: Nicole Kidman (survived being married to Tom Cruise, after all), Robert Rodriguez (creator of El Mariachi and badass bucket hat-wearer), Rampage Jackson (member of The A-Team), James Tolkland (remember Strickland from Back to the Future?), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (should have some fighting skills from Kick-Ass), and Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H’ghar–say no more). So tell me, which six teammates do you get?
9. I’ve realized that my Pinterest LOL board is literally a jungle, so I’ve been breaking it up into smaller boards. With over 3300 LOL Pins, that should probably only take, oh, a year or two!
10. My mind has clearly been all over the place this week!! Tell me if you link up for Ten On Tuesday, I’d love to see what you’re thinking about this week!