1. I’m trying very hard to not be tempted by all the big Christmas beauty sales going on. I’ve seen some really good deals from brands like Tarte and Julep but I’m trying to be good and not spend any money on myself right now so I’ll have rainy day money post-holidays.
2. It finally feels like an appropriate time to start thinking about Christmas. Obviously the stores have been ready for Christmas since September, but I don’t really feel ready until a month or so beforehand. Now I’m ready for pine candles, Christmas lights, and all the mint-flavored treats…but no Christmas music yet, please.
3. I’ll keep listening to my regular music until about December 23rd. That is, unless I’m at work, where it will no doubt be forced on me.
5. A Dance With Dragons is FINALLY out in paperback. Debating whether to read it now, or wait for the rest of the books so I don’t have another frustrating period of lag between installments.
6. I’ve also got another series from the library that I’m ready to start reading, just as soon as I get a hold of book one. I have books two, three, and four. Go figure.
7. I’m not normally a rap person, but here’s one of my new workout tunes.
9. This is one of the really soothing songs I’ve had on my playlist recently.
Oh, I love the Chemical Brothers, I got one of their albums as a teenager and listened to it all the time!
I am definitely not ready for Christmas music yet. I hope I won’t hear Last Christmas until December. But I guess I can’t avoid it! I do like some candles which smell like Christmas!
I think I’ll really be ready once Thanksgiving is past. It will feel “right” then, I guess. Right now it still feels like fall!
I didn’t really think about this until I read your post, but I don’t really set out to listen to Christmas music, I usually just hear it if I’m in a store. Maybe this year I’ll change that, but not now LOL Thanks for the shout out! Can’t wait to see how your marble comes out :)
You’re welcome! :) I will definitely post pictures.
I heard my first xmas song in the office monday and got so annoyed, Mariah Carey of course. I love the trans-siberian orchestra though :)
I think xmas has just become a holiday of greed, I am staying in with my books and avoiding the temptation to max out my credit card on ‘amazing’ deals.
Agreed. I don’t think people even focus on the important things (family, friends, all of our blessings) anymore. They’re busy buying stuff they really don’t even need.
I totally agree with #2. Although, I will start listening to Christmas music at the beginning of December.
At least if it’s December it’s within the month…but October/November is way too early :P
Yun, The Polish Hideout
You’re doing better than me… I totally splurged with all the 20% off Sephora sales that’s been going on lately hehe. And I love Christmas music, so I can’t wait to break out my NSYNC Christmas CD around Thanksgiving lol. :D
It’s a temptation!! Luckily the closet Sephora is quite a ways away from me, so as long as I stay off the website I should be okay :D
love the Doors :) I am so ready for Christmas! I just want to have my turkey now and skip the rest of November!
LOL I usually get impatient for Christmas, but this year is going by so fast, I know it will arrive too soon. I should probably start shopping :O
i have to wait until after thanksgiving for the xmas music. i like the standards, like your hub. perry como for this italian girl! i painstakingly went through all the old records, writing down the versions i wanted, then got on Napster and downloaded them all, via dial up. Those cds are some of my faves and a labor of love. I’ve already had to make copies of them since i’ve worn them out–how is that even possible?
Mix CDs like that are the best!! I’ve also worn out CDs and had to make new copies–I guess that just means they’ve been well-loved :)
christmas already? there don’t seem to be any signs of it here in NY but perhaps I was too distracted by the cold weather?
I only semi-like christmas music, although the Waitresses’ song, ‘christmas wrapping’ is always a favorite.
have a sweet day.
Maybe you are lucky and they’re holding off on it! I don’t know, around here people have been shopping for it since September. Ugh!
I don’t really listen to christmas songs unless it happens to play on the radio and I’m driving. I enjoy the sales, lovely decorations, and lights a little more.