It’s time once again for Ten on Tuesday! Be sure to link up with Alyssa here. If you need motivation, she has an excellent cat photo on today’s post that I think you should see. (Well…it made me laugh, anyway. I can’t account for you if you have poor taste and do not like cat photos.)
1. Thanks to regular yoga I’m almost getting to the point where I can start doing back bends. My back and legs are still pretty stiff but we’re getting there.
2. I haven’t painted my nails in weeks. This needs to change…but I’m oh so lazy.
3. I officially have 10,000+ Pins on my Pinterest page now. Holy cow.
4. I’ve not had a cup of coffee in ten days now. Ten! And I can’t believe how good I feel. I know I’ve been promising more diet details and a meal plan for a while now, but I finally sat my lazy butt down and put one together for later in the week.
5. I love this poem by Mary Oliver. Poetry doesn’t have to be long and flowery. Sometimes the most simple pieces are the most powerful.
6. Don’t ask me why but I’ve been into really dark and melancholy art/music/writing lately.
7. And yet at the same time, I can’t get “Good Day Sunshine” and “Here Comes the Sun” out of my head. Those darn Beatles are just too catchy.
8. We had our first real fall rain last night and this morning. So refreshing.
9. I adore Natalie Dormer’s half-shaved hairdo for Mockingjay but since that obviously isn’t practical for my life, I think I’ll have to play with something like this instead.
10. Pumpkin-flavored everything is coming. And I could not be more pleased.
I have been doing the side braid for a while and liking it, but I may go crazy one day and shave it off :)
My work wouldn’t allow it. But it’s a fun thought!
Seriously? Your work has a say in your haircut??
Yep. “Hair must be conservative in cut, color and appearance.” So no crazy ‘dos or dye jobs. :/
Wow….I don’t think that’s legal in Europe…obviously you may not get a job if you go into an interview with a pink mohawk (if your potential employer is judgmental like that) but after you’re hired they can’t do anything. The most they can ask is that tattoo’s are covered and that would be seen as ultra conservative. One of our senior finance guys has a shaved head covered in tattoos!
Yeah, it’s definitely different here in the US! No strange hairdos, cover up tattoos, no facial jewelry (like tongue piercings), and so on…plus the dress code for our clothes…you’re definitely limited in how you can look.
I’m so ready for fall, I can’t even stand it. In my opinion, it should start August 1 and last until December 1. I used to be pretty lazy about painting my nails too, but I’ve gotten better and I believe you can do it too! I agree, those darn Beatles are just way too catchy.
I just adore autumn! Best season ever. I should get better about it to prevent me biting at them, too. It would be a good deterrent.
Mary Oliver is a wonderful poet. She mainly seems to write about the earth and nature, and that’s probably why I like so many of her poems because I can never can write about my surroundings like she does.
My favorite poem by her is In Blackwater Woods. Definitely worth checking out!
Ooh, that’s a good one! Thank you!
1.I really need to start doing yoga as well.
2. I am so lazy too. I did paint them over the weekend but it’s hard to get motivated sometimes. Haha.
3. Wow! I need to spend some more time on there!
4. Cannot wait to read it! I want to do it as well!
5. Truly beautiful.
7. Very catchy.
10. I am trying to find some pumpkin spice here!
Pinterest is a terrible time-suck for me! But a fun one!
I will probably post the diet on Thursday. It’s been easier than I dared hope. I think it gets easier as time goes on.
Haha. Thanks for the shout out!
2. I NEVER have my nails painted but I’m getting them done with weekend…only because I have a gift certificate.
8. It was like 56 degrees this morning! Amazing!
9. Oh I can’t wait to see that!!!
Thanks for always linking up with me!
Yay for gift certificates! Thanks for stopping by :)
it’s crazy with pinterest, right? I don’t have as many pins as you but I’m sure I’ll get there.
it’s raining here right now & I actually like it & it definitely feels like fall.
hope you have a great day.
Pinterest is virtual hoarding, lol. Hope you’re enjoying your autumn!
Yun, The Polish Hideout
I haven’t painted my nails in a while too. I find when things get too crazy, I have a hard time blocking out the mental energy to pamper myself, but I really should. Besides, all the fall colored polishes look amazing. Yay for pumpkin-flavored anything. My favorite are definitely pumpkin rolls… mmm!
Mmmmm…pumpkin rolls! I just got some pumpkin bagels that were pretty good…toasted with lots of butter…yummy!
wow I love the poem! So simple yet powerful. I love the fall breeze and colors. I’m actually happy summer is over.
I’m always secretly a little happy when summer ends. Everyone else is sad but fall is the best season to me!