Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week we’re talking recent additions to the TBR pile! I add new books weekly, so this list is constantly updating, but as of typing this the ten most recent additions were:
1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Alire Saenz. I heard that this has beautiful writing, and it was highly recommended by two of my GR friends. (By the way, if we’re not friends on Goodreads yet, we totally should be!)
2. Sarah’s Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay. I like the idea of interwoven plots, and this is another book well-liked by my GR friends.
3. Someone is Watching, by Joy Fielding. I don’t know why I read this kind of book–I guess I secretly love scaring the crap out of myself.
4. The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain. How could I not want to read this? It involves Hemingway!
5. None of the Above, by I.W. Gregorio. I don’t normally “do” YA contemporary, but this sounds really thought-provoking.
6. The Novice, by Taran Matharu. Heroes in hoods, y’all. There’s a reason I have a shelf for it.
7. Wolf in White Van, by John Darnielle. I actually just picked this up from the library, and it’s so short, I might read it in one sitting this weekend.
8. Girl in the Dark, by Anna Lindsey. I’m not really a “memoir” person per se but this sounds so sad, scary and interesting.
9. The Wicked Awakening of Anne Merchant, by Joanna Wiebe. I might start this sometime this week. I actually just finished book one and had really mixed feelings about it, but I do want to know what happens next in the series!
10. The Starbound trilogy, by Amie Kaufman. I keep hearing amazing things about it, and the covers are beautiful, so I finally added the whole trilogy to my TBR list.