Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re talking about those characters we just can’t let go of–the ones we’d like to peek in on, days or months or years after their book/series ended, so we can see how they’re doing.
1. and 2. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice: I’m a sucker for re-tellings of this story, and I love stories that peek in on their married life.
3. and 4. Celia and Marco from The Night Circus: I loved this book so much, I wasn’t ready for it to end.
5. 6. 7. 8. Hanna, Emily, Aria and Spencer from Pretty Little Liars: I didn’t care for the last eight books in this series; I think restarting it was a poor idea and these books didn’t live up to the original eight. That said, I’d like to see a series featuring these girls as adults–you know, with juicier lies and secrets to keep!
9. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Apparently there’s a new manuscript coming out this summer, so I might actually get this wish!
10. Max from The Book Thief: I adored this book, but I always wanted to see where these he went after the story ended, since he kind of dropped out of the picture and wasn’t heard from again.
Any characters you’d check in with if you could?
The Girl in the Spiders Web – ugh…please don’t support this! It’s a total sellout from Larsson’s estranged family to make more money. He did write an outline for the series of 10 books, but this is with his partner of 30 years who (because they were not legally married) doesn’t have the rights to do anything with it. His family even offered her 3.3 million for it but she refused on principle – Larsson was fiercely protective of his work and wouldn’t have wanted someone else picking it up. It’s disgusting that his death is his father/brother’s payday!
Really?! I hadn’t heard about any of this! I only heard rumors about a new book coming out. :( That’s a bummer, Lisbeth is probably one of my favorite heroines in crime fiction.
I am currently watching the 5th season of Pretty Little Liars. I am a bit addicted. I never read the books so I have no idea how similar books and show are. Maybe I need to check out the books at some point!
I think the first eight books were great, the second set of eight, not so much…but they do make for some addicting reading!
Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories
Ooooh yes I would love to check in with Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy too! I’ve never read a retelling of Pride and Prejudice though – do you have a favourite?
I’d also be interested in seeing what happens to Celia and Marco after the events of The Night Circus , that would be so cool!
Max was one of my favourite characters from The Book Thief, so of course I’d like to see what he did with his life too.
I think ‘Death Comes to Pemberley’ was pretty interesting, since I also love murder mysteries :)