It’s been a while since I’ve linked up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday, so what better way to jump back in then with a New Year’s resolutions post? This week we’re listing our ten bookish resolutions for 2016, and after a long two months of barely reading or book blogging, I certainly do have a few!
- Read more. Period! I’ve only read a couple of books in the past month, largely due to being so busy, but I got a huge stack for Christmas and can’t wait to dig into them.
- Get through my ARCs faster. I tend to download them and let them sit and sit and sit. I’d really like to start doing more release-day reviews.
- Post more book reviews on the blog. I do monthly roundups, but I’d like to do more in-depth reviews on single titles.
- Do more buddy reads. I did a couple this year and loved them.
- Be more active in the book blogging community. Linkups, giveaways, tours, etc. I’ve really enjoyed getting in touch with my fellow book lovers around the world and need to spend more time in this community!
- Wrap up some of my ongoing series before starting any new ones. Though obviously I won’t be able to wrap up A Song of Ice and Fire any time soon…sad face.
- Read some longer books. I tend to skip over long books (400+ pages) even if they sound interesting just because the size intimidates me. I like to flutter from book to book and a book has to be very, very strong to hold my interest for several hundred pages. But I would like to pick up some lengthier tomes this year.
- Get through titles before they become movies. Because otherwise I end up not getting to see the movie, either.
- Find more Nordic crime to read. It’s one of my favorite genres.
- Read more. Did I mention that already?
These all sound very reasonable. I would love to get through my ARC’s faster. I am trying to make a point this year of turning off the games and computer to spend more time reading, but we’ll see how that goes. And wrapping up or catching up with series is a good one. I’m such a sucker for new series.
Good luck with your goals this year! Have a wonderful New Year!
I have a really bad habit of reading the first book in a series and then somehow never finishing! It’s terrible! ;) Good luck with your goals as well :)
Happy New Year Martha!
One day when I am settled in Berlin and Katrin has a break from school the three of us really need to do a buddy read!
Yes we do!