It seems fitting that my first time linking up for Top Ten Tuesday this year involves bookish resolutions for 2021! I went through a hardcore reading slump for a while and I’ve only recently gotten back into reading on a regular basis. So, I actually do have several bookish resolutions to share with you guys this week!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly link-up hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. If you linked up please leave me a comment so I can check out your resolutions!In no particular order, here are my bookish resolutions for 2021:
- Read more, overall. I started carving out at least half an hour to read each evening (instead of scrolling online or watching TV). It reminded me of how much I enjoy curling up with a book every day. I need to prioritize it.
- Read more nonfiction. There are a lot of topics I’d be interested in learning about, from history to urban legends to wilderness exploration, and I’m forever saying that I’ll read more nonfiction books to brush up. This year I’m aiming to read at least one nonfiction title each month.
- Write more reviews! Holy cow, do I miss writing reviews on the blog and on Goodreads. I’m going to try to post at least one review each week.
- Read more diverse types of books. I’m a big sucker for murder mysteries, but I’m trying to challenge myself with different genres/subjects.
- Step up my book photography. I love to admire other bookstagrammers’ beautiful pictures of their current reads. I told myself I would reinvest time in photography and this would be a fun and easy place to start.
- Take my books out hiking. I did this for the first time this summer and it was a real treat to sit on a secluded beach with a picnic and a book and read the whole thing cover to cover!
- Work on my own book writing. I have so many drafts started and then abandoned. I would love to actually finish one of them this year.
- Support small bookstores over major chains. I have my Kindle account for the sole purpose of downloading ARCs from NetGalley. I refuse to actually purchase books from Amazon.
- Be more involved in the online book community. I miss hopping through link-ups and bookstagram, chatting with other book lovers about their favorite new reads.
- Finally finish some of the big series I’ve been afraid to tackle. I generally stick to stand-alone books, but there are some big series that I’d really love to check out.
Do you have any bookish resolutions for 2021? Leave me a comment and let me know!