1. I fall asleep the easiest if the dryer, a lawn mower, or the dishwasher is running. When I was growing up we lived in a small house so you could hear the dryer all over the house, so now when I hear the dryer it’s a very comforting sound and makes me want to take a nap! The dishwasher sounds similar-ish, I suppose. And lawn mowers have a similar hum, plus the smell of cut grass is awesome!
2. I get on these kicks of eating the same food every day for a couple of weeks, like teriyaki noodles or oatmeal with raisins. Then I won’t eat it at all for a long time.
3. I actually used to not be a “cat person”, I was strictly a “dog person”. I didn’t like the idea of having a litter box or an animal in the house that would be climbing onto everything I owned. Then I wound up with a rescue cat and it all sort of went downhill from there, and now I prefer cats to dogs. They don’t need as much supervision since they sleep so much, they don’t slobber, they eat less, they’re easier to keep clean, and they don’t take up as much space.
4. As much as I love fictional stories about time travel, I would never want to do it in real life. I think the prior eras are highly romanticized in film and books and it would be much harder getting around back then, especially with no medicine, electricity, easy access to food and water, etc. Plus, think about how they treated women who didn’t know their “place”–I’d be burned at the stake as a witch in such a hurry.
5. I love buying gifts for other people…so much so, that I kind of have to watch my budget. It’s easy enough for me to put something back on the shelf if it’s a frivolous purchase for myself, but I’m constantly spotting things and thinking, “Ooh, I need to get that for so and so, she’d love it!” And then I’ll make up a ridiculous excuse to justify spending money on a present for no reason. I’m getting better about not doing this because I realized I was using up all of the good gifts ideas and then getting to birthdays and other holidays with no idea of what to wrap up for people. So now I buy things and store them in a box in the closet until an appropriate occasion comes up!