Hey! It’s Thursday, so you know what that means…it’s time for another Random Thursday topic!
This week’s topic:
Wow, where do I even start? There are so many awesome superhero powers out there that I’d love to have, though I’d imagine most of them have drawbacks as well. I’ll try to organize it into list format:
- Flying. Seriously, no more commuting or wasting money on gas? On the other hand, I imagine this would be really chilly in the winter, and I’d wind up with bugs in my teeth in the summer.
- Invisibility. I can think of so many times this would come in handy!
- Super-strength. A weird wish from a girl? Not when I want to rearrange the bedroom furniture in the middle of the day while the husband is gone at work!
- The ability to hear other people’s thoughts. I’m always reminded of the scenes from the TV show Heroes when one of the characters discovers that his ability to hear thoughts is really a burden, since he hears a lot of stuff he’d rather not know. But I still think it would be nice to know what people are really thinking when they’re talking to me.
- The ability to communicate with animals. This one has been on my wish list since I was a little kid! I’d love to be able to communicate with my cats in plain English (Meow-ish?), though they would probably still ignore everything I say to them anyway.
- The ability to heal, both myself and other people. I would probably wish for this one the most. The drawback: if people knew you could heal, I imagine you’d be plagued with requests from people wanting to know more about your weird ability, not to mention the scientists wanting to study you. That’s when the invisibility power would come in handy.
- The ability to see into the future. There are tons of pop culture references to the downsides of this power, so I won’t get into that here. But I think there are lots of times when it would be so tempting to glimpse what lies ahead before making a difficult decision. Whether fortunately or not, I don’t have this power.
What superhero powers do you wish for? Tell me in the comments!